This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Two slice-and-bake homemade chocolate cookies sandwiched around a rich, delicious nutella filling make these Double Chocolate Nutella Sandwich Cookies as much fun to make as they are to eat! Perfect with a glass of milk!
Santa is going to be very pleased when he climbs down the chimney to find these Double Chocolate Nutella Sandwich Cookies waiting for him! Because everybody knows that Nutella is pretty much Santa’s favorite spread, right?
The great thing about this recipe is that you don’t have to roll out the dough and cut out individual circles for each cookie sandwich.
Instead, just like with the toffee pecan shortbread cookies I shared earlier in Cookie Week, with these double chocolate nutella sandwich cookies you just shape the dough into a compact log and chill it wrapped in plastic wrap in the fridge for an hour. Once it is nice and firm it is just a matter of slicing and baking!
No messy counter, cookie cutters, or rolling pin to wash and the cookies turn out perfectly uniform every time so you don’t have to worry about pairing up mismatched cookie sizes.
The chocolate hazelnut Nutella filling is so yummy! We always have a jar in the cupboard for topping crepes or waffles because it is so, so good! But if you have nut allergies or just prefer something different, these would also be delicious with just a chocolate buttercream piped between the centers.
Either way, these are definitely my husband’s (err, I mean Santa’s) kind of cookie.
More Recipes Perfect for a Nutella Fix
Adapted from McCormick.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 83 Saturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 57mg Carbohydrates: 9g Sugar: 3g Protein: 1g
Don’t forget to check out all the other fantastic cookie inspiration from my fellow food bloggers participating in Cookie Week!
Adapted from McCormick.
- Cafe Mocha Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Cardamom Shortbread Bars by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Coconut Almond Dipped Shortbread by Making the Most of Naptime
- Chocolate Mint Chip Cookies by Cooking with Carlee
- Chocolate Oreo Peppermint Cake Mix Cookies by Soulfully Made
- Chocolate Sugar Cookie Recipe by Making Miracles
- Christmas Sprinkle Cookies by Books n Cooks
- Chunky Cranberry Double Chip Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Coconut Cherry Snowballs by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Cranberry Christmas Balls by Palatable Pastime
- Easy White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Bars by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Eggnog Cookies by Caroline’s Cooking
- Frosted Eggnog Cookies by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Grandma’s Gingersnap Cookies by Tip Garden
- Grinch Cookies by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Heavenly Almond Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck Sruvive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Mocha Crinkle Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Norwegian Chocolate Chip Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Opa’s Chocolate Chip Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Pistachio Cranberry Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor’s Advenutres
- Rudolph Reindeer Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Snow Kisses by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Snowflake Cookies by The Redhead Baker
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies by The Bitter Side of Sweet