This post was created as in partnership with Imperial Sugar. All thoughts and opinions are 100% my own.
There are times when you just want a single serving dessert to satisfy a craving and that's where this Chocolate Chip Cookie in a Mug comes in! It's warm, gooey, delicious, and ready in under 5 minutes.
Table of Contents
There are times when even a small batch of chocolate chip cookies is too much or I just want a fresh cookie without baking anything in the oven. Like when Paul is out of town and the girls are in bed and it's just me and Netflix at night. Enter this chocolate chip cookie in a mug!
You won't get the same crisp edges like a baked cookie, but you definitely get the same warm chewiness with melted chocolate chips. Add a small scoop of ice cream and you've got yourself a pretty satisfying dessert that cookies in less than 1 minute.
It's also just fun to eat your warm cookie out of a mug and there's built in portion control since it's single serving!
Chocolate Chip Mug Cookie Ingredients
- All-purpose flour
- Salted butter
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Egg yolk
- Chocolate chips
How to Make a Cookie in the Microwave
- Melt the butter. This doesn't take long - just about 20 seconds.
- Add sugars. Brown sugar and granulated sugar will help give that toffee-like flavor that chocolate chip cookies are known for.
- Stir. With melted butter, there's no need to break out a mixer for this cookie recipe.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla extract. Stir well to combine.
- Add flour and salt. Mix again just until combined. It's okay if there's a little flour on the side of the mug.
- Add chocolate chips. You can stir them all in or only stir in half and sprinkle the rest on top.
- Microwave. This only takes 40-50 seconds, depending on the power of your microwave. I recommend starting with the lower amount of time, then checking for wet spots on the top of your mug cookie. If there are, just pop it back in for another 5-10 seconds.
- Enjoy! I like these best with a small scoop of ice cream on top. It's so good!
For the FULL RECIPE be sure to visit Imperial Sugar's site.
Unlike baking cookies in a traditional oven, you can't always tell based on color with these cookies. Instead, look to see if the top is dry looking. If it's still glossy and wet, you probably need to cook the mug cookie a little longer.
Yes, if you don't have a mug or just want to use a ramekin instead, that will work just fine as long as it's microwave-safe.
Tips for Success
- Mug cookies for two. If you are making mug cookies for two of you, just double the recipe. But microwave them separately because otherwise it will affect the way they cook.
- Change the mix-ins. Try swapping out the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips or use milk chocolate or white chocolate chips instead!
- Change the flavor. Replace the brown sugar with an additional tablespoon of granulated sugar and add some funfetti sprinkles for a sugar cookie version. Or replace 2 teaspoons of the flour with cocoa powder for a chocolate version!
Be sure to stop by Imperial Sugar's site for the FULL RECIPE. I have partnered with them now for a few years and love their products for my baking needs!
More Dessert Recipes
- Puppy Chow (aka Chex Mix Muddy Buddies)
- Cheesecake Jars
- Chocolate Chia Pudding
- Easy Fruit Dip (only 3 ingredients!)
- Chocolate Mousse
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know what you thought with a comment and rating below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @houseofnasheats or share it on the Pinterest pin so I can see.