This Easy Fruit Dip is creamy, fresh, and sweet, made with just 3 simple ingredients! It's so delicious, and can be served with any type of fruit as well as cookies, crackers, or cake! It's perfect for snacking at movie nights with a few friends or to enjoy as part of a shared dessert for larger crowds.
This easy fruit dip recipe is made using 3 simple ingredients that you can get at your local grocery store. It takes just 5 minutes to make and can feed up to 16 people! It's perfect for large gatherings and also as a last-minute addition to fruit platters on your dessert snack table.
Serve this homemade fruit dip with a fruit charcuterie board at bridal showers, baby showers, birthday parties, or family gatherings. It's a great way to encourage healthier eating in any setting when you serve it with a variety of fruits and other healthy snacks. It makes a great after-school snack for kids with a fresh fruit tray or with sweet treats like pound cake or cookies!
When it comes to sharing snacks and dips, I would normally opt for a savory dip like Buffalo Chicken Dip, or this Mexican Bean Dip. This sweet dip is such a great addition to your dessert table, and you can try it alongside my Easy Oreo Dip for a bit of chocolatey flavor!
Why We Love This Recipe
- Get creative and change up the flavor to suit your snacks.
- Made with just 3 simple ingredients you may already have in your pantry.
- It's so easy to make and takes just 5 minutes!
What You'll Need
Scroll down to the recipe card below this post for ingredient quantities and full instructions.
- Cream Cheese - Use the original flavor, full fat or a lower fat version.
- Marshmallow Creme - The original flavor is fine. You can also use Marshmallow Fluff which is the same thing.
- Vanilla Extract - Gives the dip a warm depth of flavor.
- Fresh Fruit - Choose your favorite fruits: fresh strawberries, bananas, grapes, honeydew melon, pineapple chunks, blueberries, mandarin orange slices, kiwi, apples, etc.
How to Make Classic Marshmallow Fruit Dip
Mix ingredients together. Combine softened cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth.
Serve. Transfer the fruit dip to a serving bowl and serve with your favorite fresh fruits as a dip.
How Do I Keep Fruit From Browning?
Once your fruit has been cut, dip the slices quickly into an acidic juice like lime, orange, lemon, or pineapple juice, before arranging them on your platter. This really helps prevent the fruit from browning as quickly so your platter is party perfect for a lot longer.
This 3-ingredient fruit dip is made with cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and a little bit of vanilla extract. It is sweet, creamy, and so delicious served with any kind of fruit!
Peel and slice the bananas into small, bite-sized pieces, and serve them in a pile on the fruit platter. To keep them from browning, dip the slices in lemon juice or pineapple juice before putting them on the platter.
You need about 1 pound of fruit for every 4 guests, so 2 pounds for 8 guests, 3 pounds for 12 guests, and 4 pounds for 16 guests, and so on. If you have other dipping snacks on your serving platter, you may not need this much fruit.
Yes! Store the fruit dip in a freezer-safe airtight container and freeze it for up to 1 month. Fully thaw and stir the dip well to enjoy it again.
Store leftovers in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Tips for Success
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature, or blend it separately with an electric hand mixer, before adding the marshmallow creme to it, to smooth it out first and avoid lumps.
- Use a stand mixer on low speed to make large batches of this creamy dip.
What to Serve with Easy Fruit Dip?
Fruit obviously, but there are other options for dipping into this deliciously creamy spread that you might want to consider.
- Fruit: Apple Slices, Strawberries, Bananas, Berries
- Cookies: Oreo cookies, Nilla Wafers, Nutter Butter cookies
- Crackers: Pretzels or Pretzel Sticks, Graham Crackers, Animal Crackers
- Cake: Pound cake or another sturdy, sweet cake or biscuit.
Substitutions and Variations
- Using toothpicks you can make mini fruit skewers, or have toothpicks in a small cup on the dessert table for handy snacking!
- Add 2 tablespoons of maraschino cherry juice to the dip for a fun pink color and a hint of cherry flavor.
- You can use the strawberry-flavored Marshmallow Creme to make strawberry fruit dip!
- Make a citrus punch dip by adding orange zest and the juice from 1 orange. You could also use zest and juice from a lemon or lime.
More Snack Recipes
Sweets & Treats
Did you make this recipe?
Let me know what you thought with a comment and rating below. You can also take a picture and tag me on Instagram @houseofnasheats or share it on the Pinterest pin so I can see.
More Favorites from House of Nash Eats
Easy Fruit Dip
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh fruit like strawberries, bananas, grapes, honeydew melon, pineapple, blueberries, mandarin orange slices, kiwi, apples, etc.
- Combine softened cream cheese, marshmallow creme, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until creamy and smooth.
- Transfer fruit dip to a serving bowl and serve with your favorite fresh fruit for dipping.
- Fridge: Store the fruit dip in a freezer-safe airtight container and freeze it for up to 1 month. Fully thaw and stir the dip well to enjoy it again.
- Freezer: Store leftovers in an airtight container or covered in plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 7 days.
Tips and Variations
- If the cream cheese is still cold it will be lumpy when mixed. Make sure it is room temperature or blend it separately before adding the marshmallow creme to smooth it out first and avoid lumps.
- Maraschino cherry variation: Add 2 tablespoons of maraschino cherry juice to the dip for a fun pink color and a hint of cherry flavor.
- Citrus variation: Add the zest and juice of 1 orange for a citrus punch. Lemon and lime are also good citrus choices.